Agency working to help mobile and manufactured home owners

Those who own a mobile or manufactured home that is in poor condition can now apply for help to upgrade their dwellings.

The Western Catskills Community Revitalization Council is seeking applicants to be put on a list while the organizations seeks to obtain funds so it can create a program to replace dilapidated mobile / manufactured homes in their service area.

According to the council homes need to be permanent residences, not those in rented lots or parks, and household incomes need to be at or below 80% of the county median.

If you own a mobile / manufactured home in the WCCRC service area and would like to be placed on a waiting list for a replacement home or to get more information about this program, please leave a message at 607-652-2823, ext. 109.